Monday, January 20, 2014

Someone Call Olivia Pope...These Outfits need Fixing

Well the one thing I learned from this weekends SAG Awards...bare mid-drifts are back.  Yay?  Although I do think the dresses seem to be a bit better than the People's Choice Awards outfits, there were a couple that made me scratch my head.  For example, Kerry Washington's pink and black top and skirt ensemble.
Kerry Washington
(Spoiler Warning: Huge Scandal Fan)
Generally I am a fan of pink and black, I mean how can you go wrong.  But this Vera Wang (sorry Vera) number just didn't make my day.  In fact it kinda made me cringe, and not because a pregnant lady is showing her belly, it was just odd.  And can the skirt waistline across the belly really be comfortable?  And the top, looks like it was too tight for her and so they had to rip apart the stitching.  I do like her hot pink purse though...and that is about it.

Mayim Bialik
And staying with the pink and black trend, Mayim Bialik's outfit may be even worse.  In fact, not may be..it is worse.  YOWZA.   This could be one of the ugliest dresses I have ever seen.  Is she 80-years-old?  I am sorry to be mean, that isn't fair to the 80-year old.  The dress could of been a bit better without the black lace top, a shawl could of been better than this too.  Besides the lace, there isn't really much to the dress in way of accessories, making it even more boring.  Hopefully the show was better than her dress.

Hmmm, how to save the outfit???

Well, for Mayim, I guess I would take off the black lace portion and add some accessories. I do like how the front seems a bit shorter, but I think she has basic black pumps on.  So maybe a hipper shoe that matches her jewelry or clutch.  For Kerry, I just don't like it.  The skirt is probably fine, but the top just doesn't work for me.  Heck maybe Mayim's top would look better on her than the pink sequined top.  Kerry and Vera...I just hoped for more.

All and all, not a great night for either of these two ladies.  I would tell both to BURN the dresses.  Kerry usually has much better outfits, so I will give her a slide on this one, although she is now (unbeknownst to me) a two time offender.  If only her 'Scandal' wardrobe people dressed her, cuz Olivia Pope's outfits are amazing...especially her gowns on the show.  And Mayim, you were already on 'What not to Wear' and if this continues, you may want to FIRE your people and hire Stacy and Clinton!


No comments: