Monday, September 24, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons...You DON'T Always Need to Make Emmy Dresses

Apparently the color of the 2012 Primetime Emmy's last night was yellow...yup yellow.  And a bright yellow at that, a lemon yellow if you will.  A bold choice for fall, but we are still having summer weather in California, so I say why not?  But not all the women who chose this color came off like a spring chicken.
 
From L to R: Hannah Simone, Julianne Moore, Renee Bargh, Kaley Cuoco, Julie Bowen and Claire Danes

 As anyone can clearly see, there were a couple hits and some misses, I even circled them for you.  Julianne Moore must of been sweating her little tail off in the sun yesterday with her long sleeved gown.  Very matronly...too much so for my taste.  And Claire Danes, I know she is pregnant, but doesn't she look like she is attending a BBQ or beach party, not so much a red carpet event.  However these weren't the worst of the yellow light offenders.

Leslie Mann
Leslie Mann, are you attending a circus?  Not sure if she reminds me of this because of her clown looking pants or that they look like a tent.  Either way, not a great look.  The skirt of the dress completely overwhelms the 5'7" Mann, which by Hollywood standards makes her a pretty tall actress.  Still no excuse.  I keep waiting for the clown shoes to pop out from underneath.

Hmmm, how to save the outfits?

Ok, if you are on television this is like Oscar night.  So wardrobe selections should be very important and not taken lightly.  And some of the women in this post even won, so there images will be seen for years to come.  And in People, US Weekly, Perez Hilton Blog, etc.  So this wont be so much as how to save the dress as a how to save the actress from herself and her stylist!

I think all these women are generally well dressed.  I hope Julianne doesn't go the way of Diane Keaton and start wearing pant suits for the rest of her life.  And Claire I know can do better.  We can attribute this to pregnancy and a bad idea (looking at you stylists).  And Leslie Mann, I kinda naturally vote you the quirky one of the trio.  I do think you usually do a bit better, but think that maybe you need to take a better look at who is dressing you.  All and all, I wouldn't do anything drastic, but will be watching next year...

P.S. Check out who E! picked at the worst dressed...I got 2 of the 4.  And that is only because I didn't see the last two women's dresses, yikes!!!  Worst Dressed at the Emmys

No comments: