Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Chuck Bass would NOT Approve of the Onesie

I have seen a lot of outfits,the good, the bad and of course the ugly. But I think I am a huge step closer with this selection, to saying I have seen it all.  Ed Westwick, who plays Chuck Bass on the CW's Gossip Girl in a...ONESIE???

At first I was going to comment about the sweatsuit and flip flops.  But after further looking at the outfit, I realized it was in fact a onesie.  Yup, I would have my hood over my head too if I was wearing this.  And its not a wardrobe prop I fear, as Chuck Bass would not be caught dead in this...unless maybe it was Burberry.  Does it actually say OshKosh on the pocket?  No I don't think so, but it looks like it though right?

Hmmm, how to save the Outfit?

I am pretty sure its safe to say, it is unsaveable.  But I want to save the rest of the males in America.  Please do not start wearing adult onesies out in public.   What you do in the privacy of your own home is your business.  But we already have Snuggies out in full force, do I need to worry about Infomercials about male onesies next?  Don't I have enough to worry about these days?

Dear Ed,

You are my favorite character (aside from Blair) on Gossip Girl.  The only reason I still watch the show is in hopes that "CHAIR" get back together and then the show can end.  I love your suspenders, bow ties and suits that make up the standard Chuck Bass outfits.  And of course some of your lines in your  American accent are awesome.  But really, do not make me regret my decision of liking your character by continuing to wear this terrible onesie in public. 

Thank You

Ed, I will let this one slide and not blame your stylist or wardrobe consultants on the show.  As mentioned in my Dear Ed letter above, your outfits on the show are great.  But please BURN this onesie quickly.  And if you are dead set on wearing one...at least make it Chuck Bass appropriate, bow tie and suspenders included!

What do you think?  Could you take a man seriously while wearing a onesie?  Comment below...

No comments: