Friday, January 17, 2014

Burn, Baby, Burn...

Well I have had a few days to process the Golden Globes (which none of the shows or people I watch won again...ugh maybe that is whole different issue) and am ready to say a few words.  In an effort to get my blogging going again in 2014 I have decided today is the day. So here goes:


Paula Patton
I will stay away from Julia Roberts black dress with what looks like a collared shirt underneath it.  And I will not mention Sandra Bullocks ugly color blocked blue, black and pink dress.  And I will excuse Drew Barrymore's floral nightmare dress, as she is with child.  And lets face it, that can't be easy to maneuver with a belly.  (See: Kerry Washington's dress for the How-to)
Zoe Saldana
I went with the best of the worst...or worst of the worst?  I guess its definitely in the eye of the beholder...they be-holding some ugly dresses (haha). Let's start with Paula Patton.  I said it during the show and I will say it now, "She looks like a floral arrangement." She looked terribly uncomfortable while presenting, but then wouldn't you with giant orchid fluff by your face.  At least its not multiple colors like the theme seemed to be this year.  Can you imagine this color blocked?  Good because now I can too!

Lena Dunham
Let's move onto Zoe Saldana's wardrobe malfunction.  Oh wait that is what the dress was supposed to look like?  Seriously?  It looks like her stylists sewed several dressed together to make this.  Its pretty bad, even if the straps are supposed to fall down the side.  And for a dress with so much going on...its really just kinda boring.

And finally Lena Dunham.  You may be a critics darling...but gosh darn are you a terrible dresser.  I am simply going to leave you with this picture...cuz I am pretty sure it says it all.  Even she looks appalled by her outfit selection.

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

Pretty sure its not one of those posts...I will state that I expected more from Zoe and Paula.  If not from them at least their style teams.  As for Lena, I think that is actually about right. 

I would BURN all of these dresses and start over.  And probably Julia's, Sandra's and Drew's while I was at it. Burn, Baby...Burn!!!


No comments: