Thursday, April 16, 2015

Throwback Thursday-MTV Movie Awards 2001

So with my post this week in regards to the MTV Movie Awards, it made me realize how much I used to love them.  When I was the one buying tickets to watch all the movies that were the main focus of the show. My favorite actors and actresses were all over the place. Unlike then, now I have to force myself to try and stay relevant by watching these Hunger Games movies, which if I am honest, still stuck on chapter 5 of Book 1.  Since 2010.  So I decided to pick the year 2001, the year I graduated college...when my weekends were filled with teeny-bopper music and movies.  And man, did it bring back some memories...some good...some not so good.

The Bare Mid-Drift:
Left to Right: Cameron Diaz, Julia Stiles, Shannon Elizabeth and Alyson Hannigan
I am not sorry this fad went away.  I remember all my t-shirts all fell short of my pants or skirt.  And it was okay.  You didn't call a baby tee and baby tee...it was just a shirt.  This fad made my legs look even longer than they already are.  And when in your early twenties, not always a good thing.

Anna Faris was just breaking onto the scene, as a brunette:


And Christina was well...Dirty?:


Her outfit may have been horrendous, but you gotta admit that tune is still pretty catchy.  And she performed on stage that night singing 'Lady Marmalade with Mya, Lil Kim and Pink...whose hair was bright pink at the time.


However there were a sad few things I remembered while searching Google images.  That was the year 'The Fast and Furious' came out.  We hardly knew Vin Diesel and Paul Walker was just the hot blond guy from 'Varsity Blues' and 'She's All That'.  And here it is 14 years later, #1 movie in the country for the 7th movie in the series.  But the saddest thing was Aaliyah walked the red carpet for 'Romeo Must Die.'  And if memory serves me correctly, she wasn't alive much longer after this awards show. I am pretty sure she would of been a huge huge star, has she not died in the plane crash.

This was a fun little trip down memory lane.  All these people in this post were some huge at that time.  Some are still around..some not so much.  Mya? Shannon Elizabeth?  Anna Faris's brown hair?   Haha...anyways want me to critique fashion from another time, event, era...let me know!

No comments: