Thursday, April 2, 2015

Throwback Thursday-Punky Brewster

As I was trying to play catch up on my magazine reading, I read in In Style Magazine. that one of Kerry Washington's fashion icons was Punky Brewster.  Anyone else trying to picture Olivia Pope as Punky?  Already there my friend.  But I thought that it would be a perfect time to do a Throwback Thursday edition featuring Miss Brewster.

Sleeveless vests, multi-colored shirts, bright colored buttons, sun hair ties and of course mismatched tennis shoes were all staples of Punky's everyday attire.  Ah such simpler times when we all thought it was okay to dress like her, or maybe that was just me and Kerry.  And now I find it necessary to log into my Netflix account and see if I can stream old episodes.  Or pray for a reunion, although after googling pictures of Punky Brewster, I have seen more than enough of Soleil Moon Frye...too too much!

Fashion and Punky Brewster go so well together, that I even found out a well thought out description of her wardrobe musts, that I think I already figured next years Halloween costume...and its only April.  Feel free to steal the idea...unless you are one of my friends and will be attending the same party.  Because "I have Punky Power" and you don't!!!  

No comments: