Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sheer Dresses, Bad Shoes and Rainboots at Breaking Dawn Premiere

Kristen Stewart
Well  it is November 14th and that only means one thing, come Thursday night at Midnight, the "Twilighters" will be out full force, as Breaking Dawn Part 2 comes out.  And I would like to say if Part one and the outfits at the premiere are any indication of how the next part will be...I will be taking my time to rush to the theater.  Not only did the first part make me never want to ever have a vampire baby (I know right?), but it left me not as excited for part 2 of what was my favorite book in the series. Yes, I read them. No I am not ashamed.  But trying to give it a chance, I took a whirl around the premiere circuit of photos and found some awful examples of what not to do when you are an actress...or a female dressing for the red carpet.

Lets start with the star, Kristen Stewart.  Although I was shocked to see her out of her standard tight black jeans and black leather jacket...ummm, I think this dress might be a little too sheer.  She looks like an anatomically correct Barbie when you take her clothes off.   I appreciate the attempt, but millions and millions of people are going to see this.  I personally would of not gone this direction, it leaves a little too little for the imagination.

Elle Fanning


Then we move on to Dakota Fannings, Lil sister Elle.  While Elle is not in the movie, Dakota is. And I would be mad if my Lil sister stole attention from me at my own premiere.  However, it was not not in a good way.  It looks like her dress skirt was too long and she decided just to wrap it around her waist.  And the shoes?  These may be the worst shoes I have ever Ever EVER seen. I am assuming she tried for a Japanese theme, but she failed. Miserably.  A sumo outfit may have come off better than this pink number.

Alexandra Patsavas
And finally, Alexandra Patsavas.  Yeah I don't know who she is either.  She is a music supervisor who worked on the film.  So not an actress, but still should be used to dressing for premieres...or to go out in public.  And while I admire her attempt at color, not sure yellow looking rain boots are the way to go.  Especially in what is one of the most anticipated red carpets of the year.  But alas, this is what she decided to go with.

Hmmm, how to save the outfits?

I can explain away a lot, but you gotta think that if you are planning to attend such a big premiere, you would dress accordingly.  I think Kristen just made a bad choice.  Perhaps her and her people wanted to make a statement, but not sure this is the right one.  I do like that she dressed up, so she did get a few points.  But Elle and Alexandra...there are no words.  If a picture tells a thousand words, then these pictures are all curse words!
 
Elle and Alexandra need to BURN their entire outfits and go home.  And Kristen, while I don't think the dress was great, it could be better with a longer slip skirt.  So just try to do better, but again, you are out of jeans! 

No comments: