Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Couldn't Anyone of Helped a Brother Out?

I came to the realization, as I fast forwarded through this last weekends MTV Movie Awards, I might be a little too old to continue to watch this.  But why not skip through 2 hours of 'Hunger Games' loving and watch the few key items I wanted to see.  1) The Paul Walker Tribute 2) Eminem with Rihanna singing Monster and 3) Channing Tatum receiving the illustrious Trail Blazer Award.  Okay so maybe that wasn't my intention, but those were pretty much the three things I watched.
During the Speech
But as I sat thinking how cute Channing was, something really bothered me.  Jonah Hill, co-star in 21 and 22 Jump Street, presented the award to "Chan."  (Side note: I have also decided I own enough of his movies, I get to call him Chan too) But while he was, we will call it, roasting Channing, he set the award on some steps that were covered in soot.  So when Channing finally got the award, his black jacket was a mess. 

The whole 3 minute or so speech, I found myself watching to see how bad it got.  And waiting to see if his wife Jenna would try to point it out to him.  Not sure how, but isn't it your duty to try? I mean you are married to Channing Tatum. I would of.  Anyways front and back the poor guy covered his jacket in the ashy mess.

After the Acceptance
Now while this isn't a typical "Hmmm, how can we save the outfit" post, I was kinda shocked to see that even backstage, while taking pictures with the wife, it was still all over him.  Couldn't anyone of helped him out?  Surely wardrobe was backstage to help with "wardrobe malfunctions."  Alas, this did not happen and the soot filled photo ops continued.

Oh well, maybe I am just a little overly-sensitive about it.  But wondered if anyone else sat at home wondering, "Couldn't anyone of helped a brother out?"  Too bad you didn't marry me Chan...maybe next time.  (I'm Kidding)

No comments: