Friday, September 21, 2012

Anne, My Grandma Wants her Curtains Back!

Apparently the wardrobe requirements for the New York City Fall Ballet Gala are tuxes and long flowing dresses.  Realize this is just from looking at all the stars on the red carpet, not because I was there.  I wasn't aware it was such a fancy event.  Some of the women in attendance didn't miss a beat and pirouetted over the rest.  Anne Hathaway was not one of them.

There was just too much material, which is ironic since ballerinas run around in hardly any, pretty much leotards and tights.  But this mostly see through floral gown overwhelmed her and made her look much older than she is.  Speaking of which, I think my grandma had those curtains when I was little...

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

The back is open slightly, but that is all the skin she shows.  A few options, remove sleeves, shorten dress, make the front a lower cut, etc.  But probably wouldn't be appropriate for the event.  I just don't think this was a good pick by Anne or her people.  I mean she is only 28, not 68.  And the hair doesn't help either, but nothing we can do about that.

Anne, a poor showing for the event, but I still like you.  I would like to show you how a long flowing dress can be done better.  Sarah Jessica Parker, a.k.a. Carrie Bradshaw was also in attendance.  She wore a sleeveless floral gown that was much more appealing.  And I generally don't like her outfits, so this was a pleasant surprise.  So BURN this dress and show your stylists SJP's dress as a example of what to wear.  And make sure they stick to it, or else you make need to go looking for some new peeps very soon...

And watch your turn out!  (Besides pirouette and plié, its the only other ballet term I know.)

No comments: