Friday, September 7, 2012

MTV Music Awards-I Expected More...

I have a lot of comments about last nights MTV Awards, most of which I will keep to myself.  I remember growing up watching big flashy performances, knowing all the songs and huge stars from all industries in attendance. I found this years extremely lack luster in appearances and performances and fast forwarded through most of it...except for Pink's performance.  The girl loves her aerial ropes. But for your approval, here is a quick version of my MTV awards fashion observations:

Left to Right: Nicki Minaj, Miley Cyrus, Pink, Jessica Szohr, Chris Brown and Wesley Snipes (in Demolition Man)

Well Nicki Minaj was...Nicki Minaj.  In a patterned body suit with red piping and bright yellow wig, it seemed like she was ready to perform.  But then realized that was her red carpet out.  Was she trying to be a cop for the night?  Or cat burglar?  But I guess that is her persona, wild crazy outfits and hair. 

Hey Pink, I think Miley Cyrus is trying to steal your look! I know Miley wants to appear older and tougher, but stealing Pinks style isn't going to help.  What's next-are you going to dye your hair pink too?  Pink beat you to that already too...

And Jessica Szohr with the  slit up both sides black dress, lace up ankle booties and a animal print headband, I am not sure where you are going. Safari?

Finally to Chris Brown, Wesley Snipes wants his hair back from Demolition Man.  You look ridiculous.  And I am still trying to figure out when people started liking him again? 

Hmmm, how to save the outfits?

Probably not really the point of saving, but more commenting on them.  And I think I feel better with my fashion rant above.  There were lots more terrible outfits, mostly from the men in the rapping industry.  I didn't know camo shorts, wife beaters and a lack of style were red carpet approved.  But I guess in the hip-hop industry its allowed?  So I left them alone, what is the point?   I guess it all comes down to I expect more from the women above and, "If you can't say anything nice...come sit next to me!"

No comments: