Tuesday, February 12, 2013

FLASHBACK: 2001-Brit and JT (How did that not work?)

Don't lie...circa 2001 we ALL thought Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake were coolest.  Budding pop stars reunited after the Micky Mouse Club. They were on TRL daily, globe-trotting all over the world and made the infamous statement of waiting for marriage to have sex (or so we thought).  And we all knew that they going to make it as a Hollywood couple.  How could they not?  Ah, my, how things have changed.  But I decided I want to try something new...

A FLASHBACK PHOTO and a What Were WE Thinking?
Photo #1
Britney and Justin wearing matching denim outfits
 to the American Music Awards

As an impressionable 22-year-old I didn't know any better.  And I am sure I scoured such stores as Charlotte Russe, Styles and Wet Seal looking for this dress remake.  Happily I can tell you now, the search was not successful, although I do remember a long skirt being purchased for me by my mother at my begging.  But what was your excuse?

And to further honor this moment and my fond remembrance of TRL (Right?) a little video...Your Welcome!

No comments: