Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Taylor Swift Stole my Grandma's Shoes

I will admit it right of the bat, I am not a Taylor Swift fan.  Yes, there are some of us that do not like her music or care who she is or isn't dating.  But she is quickly becoming a fashion icon, especially with her fans, and for that I will give her a little props.  However, the one thing that always seems off in her outfits for me is her shoes.

Here is a perfect example of her boho chic style.  She is out shopping in a New York sweater and white shorts, with ugly brown, laced up, high heeled, ankle booties.  And in all fairness, I can picture my grandma wearing them back in the day.  And this isn't the first time I have seen them on her, or similar pairs.  I know laced up "menswear" shoes are in but that doesn't mean they need to be worn with every outfit.  So next time you see her, check out the shoes.  Do it, I can't make this stuff up.

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

If it was me, I would of thrown on a cute pair of white converse.  Still closed toed and comfy, but seems to go better her style of outfit, which almost seems nautical to me, without the anchors.  But with her current shoe selection, I just don't think it works.  And she in Los Angeles shopping, so a pair of sandals would of been appropriate as well.  Not like we are having a cold winter, at all.

 If I was Taylor, I would BURN these shoes immediately.  I am not ever sure using the excuse of winter footwear helps, they are just plain ugly.  And I am pretty sure your style team or model friends (is it just me or does she seem to be best friends with EVERYONE?) help with your big event style, so leave the bulky, grandma boots at home when you go shopping.  For a style icon in the making, not sure these will ever be bronzed in the Taylor Swift Fashion Hall of Fame!  I do like the sweater though...

No comments: