Monday, March 2, 2015

What is with Kerry Washington and Magazine Covers?

Sunday in my condo is cleaning day.  I know, excitement galour, but you gotta do what you gotta do. And while dusting my living room and arranging my magazines on my coffee table, my eyes went to my newest copy of In Style magazine from early February.  I hadn't read it yet, nor really paid attention to the cover.  But my eyes caught the wording "Kerry's Candid Q & A" and I realized that the random female on the cover was Kerry Washington.
In Style Magazine-March 2015

Lucky Magazine-2014
I still didn't believe it, so I turned to the pages and sure enough, several pages about Scandal star Kerry Washington, who I watch on a weekly basis. I am not saying she looks bad or anything, just doesn't look like her at all.  And then I remembered a while ago a cover of Lucky Magazine, where the same thing happened.  What that is Kerry Washington?

Inside both magazines, the pictures that corresponded with the article looked just like her.  But yet why do magazines feel the need of altering covers where celebs are unrecognizable.  Even comparing the two pictures above, doesn't even seem like the same person.  And this isn't even photoshopping an arm or leg to look thinner, this is essentially changing a face.

In Style Magazine-2014
In case you were wondering, there are a few covers where Kerry looks like she does every Thursday on my television.  Or for that matter what she looks like in the magazine.  I know this happens to many stars, but seems so drastic for Kerry.  I went back and organized my magazines and continued on cleaning.  But this little trend stood out in my mind, just thought it was weird.  And for giggles, here is a magazine cover, where she actually looks herself....and oddly enough a wedding version of In Style.

What do you guys think?  Anyone else you see this happening to?  Le me know...



No comments: