Thursday, March 12, 2015

Throw Back Thursday-Out of this World

Evie Garland-Not Kristen Bell
I decided to go way back to 1987 for a little show called 'Out of the World.'  Some of you reading this may not have seen it, but it was a show about a young girl, Evie Garland, who had magical powers and could freeze time. Inevitably it got her out of trouble time after time and as a young kid I thought it would be so cool to have her powers.  I tried touching my pointer fingers together over and over, but to no avail, nothing ever happened.

But look at that floral sweater vest with turquoise colored short sleeve shirt with matching headband, classic 80's fashion.  Am I glad that rolled up sleeves and popped up colors have gone away?  Yes. Sad this show is gone?  Yes. Upset I still don't have magical powers? Terribly.

I kept looking at additional pictures, although you don't really need anymore than the GIF above, but after going through bleach blond hotties (Steve Burton that's you), scrunchies, bangle bracelets, all I can think of is doesn't Evie look exactly like Kristen Bell?

Kristen Bell 
I guess all I can say now, is if they choose to redo this show into a movie, which face it could be a possibility, we know who will play the lead.  This was clearly the part Kristen Bell was born to play...not Veronica Mars or the voices of Gossip Girl or the cartoon chick from Frozen.  Evie Garland.  Enough said.

I cannot wait for my next 80's party, I am so going to go for this look, pointing fingers and all.  Comment below for other shows I should flashback on and see what happens!

You know you want to...

No comments: