Sunday, March 18, 2012

Green Beer Goggles Required...

Happy Belated St. Patricks Day!!!

After a night of celebrating with corned beef, green beer and shamrock shakes I felt like searching for the elusive perfect little green dress.  And you want to know why women don't make them a staple in their closets, because they don't exist. So grab a beer, some green dye and lets discuss...


(From Left to Right: Amanda Seyfried, Victoria Beckham, Isla Fisher & Britney Spears)

Don't get me wrong, there were some pretty dresses, but these xamples are down right awful.  Starting from the left side, Amanda Seyfriends dress looks like something from the junior department of a low budget department store.  I think part of the issue is due to wind or static cling, but the fit around the chest is terrible, it looks like she didn't fill it out.  Victoria Beckham is next and I believe this is actually from her own line-it reminds me of the Jolly Green Giant outfit (see below),  besides having no shape to it at all.  I am pretty sure if she was single, she could just write her number on her dress, rip a piece off and hand it out!  Isla Fisher, where is the top of your dress?  You clearly look uncomfortable in it and I am pretty sure you got it at the same store as Amanda.  And Britney, I know you have been through a lot, but I cannot let you off.  This reminds me of a sample dress used by designers, scraps of a couple dresses used to create the shape.   

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

Lets face it, all these woman have had enough success in their life to be able to afford better cuts, designs and fits.  None  of the dresses can be saved and who really wants to.  This is why we have Little Black Dresses or LBS's in our closests.

Ladies, BURN all of these dresses as soon as you can.  Victoria, if this dress is in fact from your line, FIRE your designers-there is no excuse.  Amanda, Isla and Britney I am pretty sure you didn't use a stylist for these events, but maybe you should consult some proffessionals.  I am sure they will tell you to stay away from the junior department sale racks too!!!

Comments?  Questions? Let me know below...

2 comments:

Tiger said...

Without viewing the close-up, I liked Amanda's dress. I think if it were a more simplistic tube top dress, it would be really cute! (Yet still look like it came from the junior's department - not red carpet material.) As for the rest of them - EW.

Nicole said...

Also maybe if Amanda's dress was in a different material? Thanks for the comment.