Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hunger Games Premiere-Comes off just a little short

I really wanted to post something in regards to the 'Hunger Games' premieres, surely there must be a outfit disaster somewhere.  But more or less, its been pretty respectable as Red Carpets events go.  And with premieres all over the world, every other day it seems, makes for a lot of wardrobe changes.  The star of the movie, Jennifer Lawrence (I had to IMDB her too) has done a nice job so far.  She is a 22-year old, on the rise to probably more fame than she ever imaged in this tween sensation flick and has already nominated for an Oscar.  But, alas in NYC she hit a snag...

There is just something about this dress that bothers me.  The color is pretty, but I hate the black shoes, the belt draws attention to a awkward place and the cut of the dress just seems off.  And with the lack of jewelry and accessories, its kind of just blah to me.

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

The low cut front would be much better on a longer dress.  I think with the current design, it makes Jennifer look shorter and compact.  So if you make the dress skirt portion floor length, it stretches the whole look out.  Remove the belt and add a sparkly necklace and all would be better.  Its actually super surprising to me, since most of her other premiere outfits have been floor length gowns.  And New York is a place where fashion excels and is expected, so its disappointing.  If the dress it to remain short, only suggestion is to still remove the belt and maybe throw on a tan shoe, to elongate the legs and a great clutch bag.

Let's be honest, the dress choice was a easy mistake.  And although I do not think Jennifer needs to BURN the dress or FIRE her stylists (who are obviously on staff for a media blitz like this), I would return the dress back to the designer with my notes.  It could of been worse and I am sure we will see some mistakes in the future, but you are young Jennifer and I will forgive you...once!

But I know how I feel-What do you think about the dress and over-all look?  Comment below.

No comments: