Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Swing...And a Miss

As a girl who grew up having to wear sports bras to play basketball and softball, I feel I should be considered a 'Sports Bra Expert.'  Besides this fact, I used to manage a Victoria's Secret and when they introduced their new sports bra line, I had to go to extensive training classes on why a woman needs one and how it should fit.
So imagine my surprise while reading US Weekly today and enjoying a nice cup of coffee, I turned to this picture, titled 'J. Lo Packs Punches.' Its for the latest cover of V Magazine.  And as far as I can see neither J Lo or the stylists at V Magazine, have yet to become such experts in the fit of a sports bra.  I mean is there nothing sexier than a bra squishing down your boobs so much that they fall out of the bottom and having a leather diaper camel toe for all of America to see?

(Sports Bra Expert Note:  For those of you out there, who have never had the privilege of wearing one, there is elastic along the bottom of the sports bra, so it should sit snugly against the body under the breasts, preventing anything from spilling out.)

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?


Cover
The idea itself is cute enough, but poorly executed.  First, find the woman a bra that fits.  Secondly remove the bottoms completely, I don't care who you are, no woman is going to look "hot" or "sexy" in those.  And put on a pair of men's boxing shorts.  No doubt, they will show off her physique a lot more-which lets face it, is the main point. 

You will be happy to notice, the editors decided to go with slightly different photos for the cover, a least the bra is on correctly.  But alas, with the Internet out today and my Celebrity Fashion Blog, the pictures above will be around forever.   J. Lo I would BURN this magazine spread and FIRE the stylists for the shoot...they just make you look cheap!

No comments: