Friday, May 25, 2012

Amy Poehler, This is not the MTV Awards

I am all for suits at awards events, even ones considered maybe a bit wild.  However Amy Poehlers takes the cake., but not in a good way.  At the Peabody Awards in NYC this week, she sports a blue suit jacket, black ruffled blouse and matching shorts...yes shorts.  Maybe she was going to a BBQ afterwards and didn't have time to run home and change?

I looked up what the Peabody Awards were, maybe its a event where this outfit could be considered acceptable...like the MTV Awards.  I was wrong.  Per Wikipedia:

The George Foster Peabody Awards (Peabody Awards) recognize distinguished and meritorious public service by radio and television stations, networks, producing organizations and individuals.

So when I think "distinguished" I don't picture blue shorts suit...but we all make bad decisions I guess. Some just less fashionable than others.

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

I think she needs to pick either the suit top or shorts to plan the rest of the theme of the outfit.  I would remove the shorts from the scope of proper awards attire.  So that leaves the suit jacket and ruffled top.  I would do maybe a black pencil skirt, a black dress with the jacket over it, or even a blue matching skirt.  The black cork wedges go with the shorts, so they should be removed immediately as well.

Amy, I am not tickled pink about this outfit, or blue for that matter. I think it was not appropriate for the prestigious awards event, but I know fashion may not be your strong point.  Being funny is what you are known for-stick with that.  So although the pieces itself shouldn't have to BURN, I would give a strong warning to your stylists.  Do not do this to you again, or you may have to FIRE!!!

But in a effort to show off your better assets, please enjoy this SNL skit ("Rick, Rick, Rick"):


 Comments?

No comments: