Monday, May 21, 2012

No Smooth Sailing for Miley's White Jacket

My DVR was busy last night taping what was surely the big two events on network television, The Apprentice Finale and the 2012 American Billboard Awards. I have hated on Apprentice enough this year (Yes, you Aubrey), so figured I would go with a red carpet event analysis.

There were a lot of "interesting" stage outfits, but I try to stay away from those, as they are generally a bit over the top. The one outfit that caught my eye as I forwarded through it, was Miley Cyrus's White Jacket...

I am not going to comment on the fact she has no bra on, that the outfit was super short or that she wasn't wearing bottoms...its Vegas and she is ALMOST 21.  Let's face it, that is all pretty acceptable in the City of Sin. I will start with the shoulder pads. I am pretty sure those went out of style before she was even born. And the jacket itself is pretty boxy. Its hard to see it here, but if you see the video of her presenting (below), I think you would agree. She barely moves her arms, partly I believe because she was super uncomfortable. And who wouldn't be? One wrong move and something might come out that isn't supposed to come out! (Thank you double-sided tape) Also hard to see is a thin necklace that goes around her neck, crosses in her cleavage area and then seems to go around her back? Maybe it was supposed to keep her jacket closed, but it just looked odd. 



Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

I do like her shoes...A LOT. I think if you're going to do a drastic outfit like this, to draw attention, it should of been more fitted, especially around the waist. I didn't like the style of the jacket with all the buttons either, maybe something simpler and sleeker.  Was she captaining a ship?

At least Miley dressed up. I have become accustomed to seeing her wearing really bad casual clothing while strolling around Los Angeles with her boyfriend Liam Hemsworth. So I am happy she made the effort. And while searching for the picture, I noticed she made a lot of 'Best of' lists', so I seem to be going against the grain.  I think the idea was a good one by her stylists, just a miss on the radar if you ask me. So no need to FIRE anyone for this outfit, maybe her other outfit selections. I would BURN that weird chain and keep the shoes. If you are by chance an eleven, feel free to send my way!!!

Comments?  What do you think?

No comments: