Thursday, July 5, 2012

Political Statement or Bad Fashion... just Because?

I was originally going to do a ode to the 'Worst Celebrity 4th of July Outfits Ever' and then I saw this picture...


Obviously it is taken in Malibu, CA, as per the tshirt.  And if you are wondering who that is, it is Jared Leto. At first I thought it was just a random guy walking down the beach in a bad outfit, trying to make some sort of  statement.  Then I realized nope, famous person.  Jared is what we might call a "Strange Bird" and I should probably  just leave alone.  But if this was a girl, I would rip on her for her bad fashion taste, so all is fair in Jared and Fashion.

For those of you who don't know Jared Leto is a good looking guy (picture on the left), who is not only a actor, but lead singer for the rock band 30 Seconds to Mars.  But in the picture above he is choosing to ignore his good looks and take pictures of the sand (?).  In a long sleeve shirt, skinny jeans, boots (which living in Southern California, I know work AWESOME on the beach) and a gaucho hat.  In my opinion the only thing that fits for beach attire are his sunglasses.

Hmmm, how to save the outfit? 

First off, boots on the beach?  Jared has lived in California for years and I know he owns flip flips.  I have seen him in them.  It was a little cloudy at the beach I am sure, so layers were probably needed, but not sure those were the correct items.  And the hat?  I understand you don't want to get burned, but isn't that what sunscreen is for? 

Jared Jared Jared...your style team is not to be blamed for this.  I doubt they dressed you for the 4th of July fireworks.  So the blame falls on you.  I know you have a certain image to uphold, but can't you do it and still look cute at the same time?  BURN it all, shave the beard and trim the hair.  And for gosh sakes, why are you taking pictures of the sand???

No comments: