Thursday, July 26, 2012

At Least Zooey's Dress will Protect her from the Sun!

I am going to preface this post by saying this absolutely pains me.  Anyone who knows me personally knows I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zooey Deschanel, but this dress was pretty darn tootin' bad.  (Yup, I said Tootin'-I blame 'New Girl')
At Fox's All Star party, she showed up in this Green/Brown Metallic flared dress with a bow belt and black pumps.  All together, its not the most flattering dress she has ever worn-maybe its better in person?  Reminds me of those car protectors people use, or used to use, that you put on your dash board during the day.  But instead of the silver foil sunshade color, its this.  See where I am going with this?  C'mon, you know you see the resemblance too!

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

Well the bow is pretty bad, so I would remove that first.  And where are all the accessories?  Surely this dress is not fantastic enough to stand alone.  Try adding a piece to draw the eye away from the puke colored dress, like a bracelet or Tiara, because we all know she would rock one if given the chance.

All and all Zooey, I think this was just a bad decision.  Keep the shoes, basic black pumps (not shown in picture) can go with anything, but this dress does not.  So BURN this as soon as you can.

In regards to a response from Zooey, I'd like to quote her character on New Girl, Jess:

"I brake for birds. I rock a lot of polka dots... And I'm sorry I don't talk like
Murphy Brown and I hate your pantsuit. I wish it had ribbons on it or something to
make it just slightly cuter. And that doesn't mean I'm not smart and tough and strong!"

No comments: