Monday, July 2, 2012

BET Awards should of been named the BAD Awards

Last night was the 2012 BET Awards.  And I will admit, not really my music scene, nor do I watch the Television Network so I was in the dark who a lot of these people were.  So I am a bit out of my comfort zone, but here goes.  I of course knew the familiar faces like Beyonce, Jay-Z, Kanye, etc.  But it was a awards show so I am paying it is proper dues.  And oh my, were the clothes bad.  Here is a range of examples of the atrocities I had to look at.  It was so bad, I HAD to stop looking for more pictures. 

T to B: Beyonce, Kerry
Washington and Laurieann Gibson
Shall we start with Pop Superstar and richer than God, Beyonce?  Here is her lime green gown and a picture what the designer intended it to look like.  Did she think she was going to a Toga Party?  And I am sure she knows her tiara is supposed to be on your head...not around your waste. 

Then we have Kerry Washington, not a musician, but an actress.  I don't want to talk mean about retail chains like Forever 21, but this is typically what I see in those types of stores...cheap basics.  Certainly she could of done better, no effort was put into this nude tube top and black skirt outfit slection.  When I first saw the picture, I thought we had a wardrobe malfunction.

And then Laurieann Gibson is she late for her booking at the Los Angeles County jail?  And should one pant leg really be higher than the other?  But I think that is the least of what should be her worries.

Hmmm, how do I save the outfit?

Let's put it this way, these weren't even performance outfits and those were worse. For Beyonce, I would of stuck with the designers idea.  I don't like it bunched around her right leg, it actually makes her look shorter, even with almost her full left showing.  A belt of some sort was needed to synch the waist, not sure that one was it.  For Kerry, she needs some color, stat.  If your gonna go with a simple black polyester skirt, you need to throw on something more eye catching on the top.  And the nude belt that blends into the blah looking top, is not it.  And Laurieann...Oh Laurieann.

Beyonce, you are a two-time offender.  Once for your casual attire and now for your red carpet gown.  Simply put, I still expect better.  Kerry, this is just boring.  I know your not a performer and it wasn't necessarily your night.  But you put effort in to getting dressed to go, take the next step. If you hired stylists for this, you should FIRE.  If they can mess up a presenters outfit, wait until you need them for something more important.  And Laurieann...oh poor Laurieann.  Stick with Choreography and BURN this jumpsuit IMMEDIATELY!!!

No comments: