Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Are Those Sleeves or A Sweater Jordis?

Perhaps it wasn't the absolute worst outfit I have ever seen, but it proved to be a HUGE distraction.  On Monday Night's Live Show on 'The Voice' Jordis Unga came out in a floor length gown.  On one hand, I give her kudos for attempting to add some class to her performance.  But the downfall?  I don't really remember her performance...AT ALL.


Not that her performance was bad, but all I kept doing was looking at her wondering if she had a patterned sweater on or if those were her tattoos?  As you can tell from the picture above she had a light pink mermaid dress on, which I will get to in a minute, with spaghetti straps.  And the way the straps hit her, what is now known to me to be tattoos, looked like it could be a 3/4 quarter length sleeve sweater.  And that is all I kept thinking about the ENTIRE TIME.  After looking back, I realizing most of her other outfit selections covered up her arms with actual sleeves, which may have been a smarter choice for her. 

(For a better look at dress, check out performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4SiGfLgCWE)

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

Lets start with the dress, not sure the mermaid style was the best for her figure.  It did portray a "softer" side for her, but maybe one that didn't bunch at her knees would of been a little more flattering.  And perhaps the thin straps of the dress didn't help with my confusion.  Maybe if the top of the dress had more material with a different neckline, it would of offset the tats a bit better. 

Spoiler Alert:  I am not saying this is why Jordis was eliminated from show last night.  But if I was so easily distracted from her voice by her outfit, maybe others were too.  And if Blake Shelton didn't chose her, America surely might of.  But good try Jordis and good luck in your music career.  No need to BURN the dress or FIRE anyone...just wasn't the right dress (or song?) for you!!!

But what do you think?  Comment below...

No comments: