Friday, April 13, 2012

Brooklyn wont SINK the Battleship...Yet!

I am personally very excited to see the movie 'Battleship' due out May 18th. (Hello Taylor Kitsch)  And the publicity tour seems to have set sail pretty furiously, as I keep seeing all the stars out on the red carpet.  And while most of model Brooklyn Deckers (I know she is an "Actress" now) outfits have been very good, we have a small miss here at the Sidney Australia premiere.
Brooklyn Decker in J Mendel
The tuxedo inspired J Mendel dress is actually very nice, if you pretend not to see the gold sleeves.  You remember when you were a kid and your friend would put their hands behind their backs and you use your arms to converse for them.  You would do all kinds of funny things, while they are trying to hold a conversation.  Anyways, it looks like she has her arms behind her back and its someone else arms standing in for her.  Am I wrong?  The sleeves just don't go with the dress.  And I cannot see any shoes, so sadly I cannot comment on those. At first glance, I thought she threw on a gold jacket, but then I realized, nope that was done on purpose. 
LeAnn Rimes & Nicole Kidman
And while I was looking for a picture of this dress, I found something even MORE amazing.  A few posts back I commented on a dress LeAnn Rimes wore to the Academy of Country Music Awards.  A dress similar to one Nicole Kidman had already worn.  Here is reminder to the right.  Well seems like Brooklyn Deckers stylists were a fan as well, only she wore it in black.  This Stella McCartney dress didn't get too much love from me a few weeks ago, but I think it is a little bit better on the model-turned-actress, than the country singer-turned actress. The cutouts are a bit different and its not a one shoulder dress, but I still think we could do without!
(On Right) Brooklyn Decker in
Stella McCartney

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

Since I already discussed the Stella dress, we will leave that one alone.  As for the J Mendel dress, lets rip off the sleeves and then there should be a vast improvement.

Overall, its not a terrible ding in the 'Battleship' armor for Brooklyn.  We are all allowed a few bad clothing choices (I just cleaned out my closest-I can attest to that.)  So no need to BURN the dress, just the sleeves...might be pretty.  And the stylists, from as far as I can tell, have done right by you, so need to FIRE.

But what do you guys think?  Lots of dresses, so little time to critique!

(To read the original post on LeAnn Rimes and Nicole Kidmans dresses, follow this link: http://toburnorfire-fashion.blogspot.com/2012/04/some-people-should-stay-away-from.html

No comments: