Monday, April 2, 2012

Some People Should STAY away from the Country!!!


Ashton Kutcher
 I know when I go to parties or events I like to look the part.  But some may take things a little too far.  For example, if your a newbie into the world of Country Music, as say an actor is, you might want to dress a little more down than the Country Stars themselves.  Ah, Ashton Kutcher, you traded your trucker hat for a cowboy hat, belt buckle and jacket that can only be described as "Barnish."  I can;t tell if he was trying to be serious, or popping fun.

Although Ashtons charm usually lets you get away with most things, the obvious being ignored for this blog,  I cannot let him get away with this.  I am not a country fan, so thank you for the shot outs on poor outfit selections at the Academy of Country Music Awards Sunday night.  And although I love a good red carpet award show, I wasn't sure what to expect for a country awards show.  Is Ashton's outfit an example of what they wear? Thankfully I was proven wrong.  The country stars themselves, who may be allowed to dress like this, as this is what they do, dressed better than he did.

L to R: Leann Rimes and Nicole Kidman
 However not all country stars passed the fashion test.  Leann Rimes wore a reddish-brown geometric patterned dress with white piping.  After looking for pictures, I found out not only was it a Stella McCartney dress, but Nicole Kidman wore a similar dress in November 2011.  Neither are great, but if I had to pick one or the other, Nicole's wins out.  Leann's dress is not flattering with the cut up her thigh, nor should those shoes go with that dress.  But what I want to know is why did she decide to dress like Pebbles from the Flintstone?  Tell me you see it...

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

I would like to see Leann's at least a little longer and maybe less white piping.  Those shoes have to go and that bag can go with it.  Even with the shortened version, that is a lot of pattern for someone her height.  Nicole is a good six inches taller than her-let the big girls wear those patterns Leann.  I know she wanted to go for a short Vegas dress, but this not a good example of one, nor appropriate for event.

All and all from what I could see, the awards show was fashioned about how I would expect it-a lot of cowboy hats, big belts, little blonde's and beer drinkers.  Ashton, stick with what you know best, acting and...leave it at that.  You are not a twenty-some anymore and at least when you were married you wore some classy suits.  And Leann, well BURN this dress.  It shouldn't be seen a third time by anyone, please put us out of our misery.  And to both of you,  based on these examples I am not sure you have or listen to stylists, so no need to FIRE...but maybe you can use your PUNK'd (Ashton) or 'How Do I Live' records sales (Leann) to buy one or a clue!  And Nicole, you are on probation for this one too...
What do you guys think?  Comment below...

No comments: