Sunday, April 1, 2012

Baylor Coach-Still Green in the Dressing Department


2012 Final Four Outfit
One of my other passions is basketball.  And since I don't play any more, watching women's college NCAA basketball is what I have left.  And if you have watched any games on television, you will notice one thing-the female coaches have terrible fashion sense.  And as I prepared to watch my beloved Stanford Cardinals play, there was a whole pre-game presentation on Baylor's Head Coach Kim Mulkey and how she is considered a "Fashion Icon." If this is what is considered a "Fashion Icon," then I apparently have no idea what I am talking about.

She said she does know many things, but how to dress isn't one of them.  So she relies on her friends who know designers, labels, etc. With friends like that...who needs enemies?

To the right is her outfit that she wore this evening in the Final Four game versus Stanford.  From far away, and I mean FAR away, it didn't look so bad.  But up close it was not great.  At least she didn't have hot pink shoes on to match her top. And she isn't wearing Baylor green!  Then while looking back at other outfits, they weren't much better, I found that I need to re-introduce you to shoulder pads.  Because although I am not a fan, Kim Mulkey and her friends certainly seem to be.

2006-2012 Outfit Selections

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

To be honest, I really don't care.  Baylor is in Texas and apparently they do do everything bigger in Texas, so I don't think it would matter.  I looked it up, she is only 5'4" and multiple pockets, big patterns and long jackets seem wrong on her.  And she sure does love her turtlenecks, oh sorry, her friends love turtlenecks.

So maybe I am a little upset and bitter, they did beat my Cardinals tonight.  But then again, they were supposed to (#1 ranking and all.)  But Kim, your outfits and whoever picked them out (I noticed you didn't name any names) are stuck in the 90's.  And I won't mention your hair cut...enough said.  But Kim, BURN these outfits and I suppose you cannot FIRE your friends, but you could try!

What do you think?  Comment below...

No comments: