Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Bow isn't ALWAYS a Good Thing!

Just because its vintage and has a bow, doesn't make it okay...makes it "Bridesmadey." Yup, just made up a word to describe Jessica Chastains dress at the NYC premiere of 'Lawless' this week.  I initially scanned right by it, seeing only the top half of the dress.  Luckily on second glance, I got a better look at the ensemble, well not sure luckily was the right word to use.

The Yves Saint Laurent velvet dress with a ruffled hemline and giant bow is generally not the most flattering look for Jessica or anybody.  Apparently they missed the memo of less is more. 

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

Just that less, is more.  I would get rid of the ruffles and the bow and you have a much better start.  She did try and add a little fun with a pop of color for her bracelet and of course the red lips, which I can appreciate.

I think Jessica usually looks better than this, saw a lot of her during 'The Help' Oscar run last year.  And this could be one of the worst things I have seen her ever wear, so I will give her team a break on this one and say just BURN the dress.  Leave the rest!

No comments: