Monday, August 23, 2010

I Am Not Blue Over This Outfit (not even a little)

I am just gonna say it, Alan Cummings scares me.  He plays all these weird little creepy characters in movies.  You may not know his name, but you have no doubt seen him in movies  However after seeing him in this blue plaid suit, he now terrifies me!

I can only hope this is some sort of joke, but apparently it wasn't.  He wore this to the Emmy "Artistic" awards-is this what we are calling this suit...Artistic? 

Before you ask, he actually is a voice for a smurf in the upcoming film, but that doesn't make this okay.  And really tapered pants?  They verge on skinny pants that some of the young kids are wearing today.  I am all for a 3-piece suit...but I am gonna have to jump ship on this look.

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

Well take away the pants and jacket and replace with a classic black tux or suit, you may be able to get away with the vest.  Those shoes have got to go as well.  Way to chunky for the suit. 

Not much left to say, I am pretty sure a stylist picked this out, or at least let him walk the red carpet looking this way, thinking this was funny and a way to make some sort of statement.  Well it did and now I am making one...YUCK YUCK YUCK-FIRE FIRE FIRE!!!

2 comments:

Lenka said...

yikes - that outfit is scary...

Unknown said...

I still love Alan Cummings, and he looks good when he's wearing plaid suits.