Thursday, February 12, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Saved by the Bell

I tried to start a "Throw Back Thursday" post of fashion, couples, etc that I think fondly of from back in the day.   However my follow through was something to be desired.  So I thought I would give it a whirl.  And what better way to start this then with a show near and dear to my heart.  And hopefully soon making its way to Netflix so I can binge watch for the fashion greatness. I am of course talking about Saved by the Bell.

Kelly Kapowski, Screech Powers, A.C Slater, Zack Morris, Jessie Spano & Lisa Turtle
Obviously this is inspired by the amazing reunion (sans Lisa Turtle and Screech) on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.  AMAZING!!! And if you haven't seen it...where the heck have you been?

Zack, Kelly, Lisa, Jessie & Slater in 90's Fashion
Amazing outfits from Male to Female, left to right.  Pleated parachute pants, colored blazers, white hi-top tennis shoes and pegged jeans.  The hours of fun is limitless.  And remember when you wanted to look just like them?  When we all searched for a Zack Morris of our own in Junior High?

Swoon-Zack and Kelly
There is no need to try to fix these outfits, why would I?  I can only hope that they don't come back anytime soon. Although thanks to the likes of Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj, the bare mid-drift is trying to make a return.  Timeout...what?

And just in case you haven't seen it, here is a link to the Tonight Shows reunion of Saved by the Bell.

No comments: