Sunday, February 22, 2015

It's Oscar Night...

Tonight is the night that anyone who is anyone...better have a stylist.  It is also the one night of the year, that I can 100% blame a stylist.  Because although they may not of made the final decision, they probably brought the celeb the dress and/or suit to choose from.  So here goes...

I absolutely hate Solange Knowles red paint suit with train, there really isn't any other way to say it:

Solange Knowles
Gumby

With the big hair and full coverage red outfit (is it a dress or a suit), its a little much and a little too boring at the same time.  Without any sparkles or anything to draw attention from the outfit, all I can say is she reminds me of a red Gumby.   And man a mock turtle neck just screams elegance right?  Yet the biggest question, why is she even there?

The other dress I thought was terrible was by a young actress that I haven't ever posted about, or at least remember posting about, Chloe Grace Moretz. The pleated strapless gown that almost swallows her whole would probably of even enough to write about.  But throw in the floral pattern and it made it even more worth-while to write about.  Her Miu Miu gown is pretty bad bad.

Chloe Grace Moretz
The satin top started out okay enough, but then went down a floral hill really really fast.  Again, nothing to draw attention away from the dress.  No fun shoes.  No cute clutch. No sparkling million dollar necklace. Even her hair is kinda blah.

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

For Solange's dress, there is just so many layers.  Maybe remove the sleeves, make it lower cut in the front or try and remove some of the multiple layers?

For Chloe, the pattern is what really turns me off.  It doesn't scream Oscar as much as "My Mom Made this Dress and I am wearing it to the Oscars".  And I know that isn't the case.

And Gumby...hey, its Gumby.  Its a classic and should be left alone.  And who doesn't love a green suit?

Anyways no need to delay the inevitable.  Both these dresses should BURN, it's the least we can do for them.  And as for the stylist's, well Chloe is still young.  So I will give her a pass.  But Solange, hello, your sister is Beyonce.  Doesn't she like own the world?  FIRE your stylist and what can I say, I expected more!

No comments: