Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lose the Dress...Keep the Shoes

This one actually pains me...and I am really hoping that it is just a super bad angle. Bad Photographer! Its fair to note that doing press for a movie, such as 'Eclipse' that you are going to need a few outfits.  And somewhere down the line you are bound to miss a step.  I will admit, I don't always leave my house 100% satisfied with my attire. And it bothers me more than I would like.  But Ashley Greene...what happened?

This Donna Karen lace dress adds about 50 pounds onto her in all the wrong areas.  Not flattering at all about this dress and I am not sure who to blame:
  • Donna Karen
  • Ashley Greene and/or her stylist
  • Photographer that took the picture
  • Black Dresses in general
  • Those darn wolves
Hmmm...how to save the outfit?

Hopefully its the angle, but if not...I would try and tighten the bust area first off.  Ashley is not that top heavy.  I would tear off the bottom tier of the dress, its entirely too long for her 5'5" frame.   And maybe move the bow to the back?  I know it needs to be sintched, but I think there might be way too much going on. 

Giving Ashley and her stylist (if used) the benefit of the doubt, I would say keep the dress and take it to get altered ASAP.  I mean even in baseball, your likely to strike out now and then....we will call this one Strike 3 Ashley.  Better luck next time!

1 comment:

Tiger said...

I have to say I think the dress has potential - it is cute, but entirely unflattering on her. If I saw it on a hanger, I would try it on, wonder if I set a new world record for gaining 15 pounds, and then shed it before anyone got the chance to see me in it. Shoes are super adorable, and they don't make her look fat!

Love the blog Nicole! Hilarious! :)