Friday, June 25, 2010

Red, White and...Yellow?

Ok, I am going to preface this with saying that some people (US Weekly) seemed to have thought this was a great outfit and showed ways to copy the look.  But this isn't their site, so I am going to move forward with my thought process.

Although this dress is a huge step up from what 'Gossip Girl' cast member Jessica Szohr usually wears... I am still not a fan.  And I don't like your dress either, just kidding. 


Wearing red on a red carpet affair is risky enough, especially when its this red/orange color; Generally its more accepted to go darker red.  And I am not a fan of wearing white shoes with a red dress, that is not a approved shoe color. And the gladiator shoe look does not even go with the style of the dress.  It is not okay to reach in the closet, even if they are Louboutins, and grab the first thing you see. And while I understand trying to throw in a fun pop of color with the yellow clutch, but it just doesn't go.  This whole outfit is a mishmash of too many different styles.

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

The shape of the dress is fine, I actually like that.  Its a little too ruffly and sparkly at the same time, so I would say pick one.  I would keep the ruffles around the neck and de-sparkle (that is a technical term-very advanced).  Scrap the shoes ASAP-a classic peep toe pump would compliment the dress.  Maybe in tan, silver, black, heck even the same red color.  And then use a clutch with a bit of bling to add fun. 

And Jessica, surely you can spend 15 minutes to get a  spray tan.  Your legs look tan but what is going on in the chest area.  Shouldn't your body be all one color? 

All and all, I don't like the outfit, but I think your stylist, (who is probably someone from Gossip Girl) didn't do a terrible job.  Again I have seen worse from you.  And the dress could probably be salvaged and not sent to the flame thrower.   So for this particular day, unless you want to say it to yourself,  I say there is no need to BURN or FIRE!

No comments: