Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Trash Regardless...

I was recently watching an episode of  MTV's 'The City', I know that is a whole other issue, but the episode was all about styling Ke$ha.  And apparently Ke$ha likes garbage bags and I mean...LOVES garbage bags, to wear. She wanted to design a dress for an awards show out of garbage bags, but her "people", i.e. stylists, said no.  It wasn't as she stated "classy: enough.  I cannot agree more.

Now I realize wearing trash  bags may not appeal to me or most people, but apparently Ashley Olsen can hop on board with Ke$ha. In all fairness, I suppose its supposed to be a trench coat, in NYC, in June.  And I already checked the weather report, there was no rain.  But all I can think of is trash bag or hot air balloon?  Doesn't she even have a clothing line with her sister, Mary-Kate?  Does this mean Mary-Kate is the brains in the duo? 

Not only is the jacket too long and way too big, but it has absolutely zero structure.  The girl is maybe 5-feet tall and 90 pounds soaking wet.  So whose "jacket" is she wearing, because boyfriend Justin Bartha isn't much bigger.  Could it be a parachute? I don't even need to go after the horrific size 6 shoes, most likely some fancy designer (which I can generally get behind) or the head wrap.  Why all the covering up?  I looked it up, Ashley was #37 in the 2007 Maxim Hot 100 edition, #28 a year later.  Well in year 2010, she wouldn't make the top 1000.  What would Danny Tanner think? 

Hmmm, how to save the outfit? 

Starters, I would cut about the bottom 2 feet off of the jacket.  Remove the headband and try to fashion a belt out of it to synch the waist.  Perhaps with the dress shorter the shoes will improve, but why does she look like she is wear socks?  Maybe she should just go barefoot.

As much as I would like to blame a stylist, which by the way, I am available for consultation, I believe this was all her doing.  So take the jacket and the shoes and throw them in a trash bag and...BURN!

1 comment:

Lenka said...

Maybe Ashley and Ke$ha have been hanging out too much... friends shouldn't let friends wear garbage bags! (or use $ signs in their name for that matter)