Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Where's the Hat?

Growing up in the 80's, yup I am aging myself, I was a HUGE Punky Brewster fan.  I do believe there was a halloween costume mixed in there somewhere throughout the years.  I too wanted that apple cart bed and to this day, blame my crazy sock habit on her.  With that all said....what's with the wicked witch dress?

According to IMDB.com, Soleil Moon Frye is 5'1". Let's be fair, I don't even think she is that tall. Everyone knows you add on a couple inches in the height when you need to. Aside from the fact that this dress is obviously too long and the skirt not "poofy" enough, this angle makes her looks like a munchkin from Wizard of Oz.  The black tights and pointy shoes only makes me want to ask her, "Hey Punky, where is your broom?" 

Originally I started to look for premiere pictures of Katherine Heigl's new 'Mom' hairdo and found this picture at the 'Killers' movie premiere.  (Punky's Husband is Ashton Kutchers producing partner-I too wondered why the heck she was there.  Problem Solved)  But this dress could not be ignored.  And assuming this mother of two, thought this could be a big night out, there may have been a stylist involved. 

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

I would try and bunch up the ruched midsection of the dress to shorten it.  Then try and add a short petticoat underneath the bottom of the skirt to add volume.  Finally remove the dark tights/nylons, whatever you want to call them and throw away. 
So maybe a broom or hat or some sort of accessory would of detracted from the witchyness (is that a word?) of this dress, I gotta say this to Soleil:

"Dear Friend-This is not a fashion trend I would ever consider copying from you.  This is saying a lot, because I do believe I may have a sun ponytail hair clip lying around in my old room at my parents, but please listen to me when I say this.  Please go to your stylist and FIRE."

-Your Friend Nicole



No comments: