Thursday, June 24, 2010

New Mom Jeans?

I will be the first to admit, I added  fuel to the 'Jessica Simpson Mom Jean' fire.  Not because she looked fat, but they were not in the least bit flattering to her figure.  Okay, she did look a little big boned.  But I can say that, I have hips, I am "hippy," but I know what to and not to wear. (Stacy and Clinton, if your hiring, I am looking.)  However, apparently Tina Fey has not learned that lesson.

I am officially going on the record, to the few that may read this, if you see me in a one piece jumper such as this...KILL ME!  Call the assassin, a henchmen, heck even the mom from the Murdering Mom Texas Cheerleader Scandal, but do not let me leave the house in something like this.  Not only does this lovely navy number accentuate her hips, which I don't think she has large ones to begin with, but the length of the bottoms shorten her up drastically. 

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

I do not think lengthening the pants would help.  The top is okay enough, I guess I would cut the bottom half almost all the way off and try to make some sort of skort.  Ah, remember the days of skorts?  You know a skirt and a short (pretty self explanatory people).  The shoes are okay enough and even the bag, throw on a chunky necklace and it will be a vast improvement.

Red Carpet generally equals stylist.  And Tina Fey is someone with definite financial opportunity to hire the very best.  Maybe she should spend less time impersonate Sarah Palin and more time reading a fashion magazine to be able to know when she's getting hosed.  However this is not the worst I have seen and probably not the worst to come.  I say have a firm sit down talk with your stylist, buy a subscription to 'In-Style' and take this outfit and immediate BURN!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is not attractive, and she usually wears cute clothes!