Sunday, July 4, 2010

BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE

I have never claimed to be a good singer.  And as talents go, musical ones would not be high on the list.  Although I maintain I play a mean drum on Guitar Hero.  I do think that I have an eye for fashion and picking out the good, the bad and the ugly in wardrobe picks.  And LeAnn Rimes, this the bad...but at least you can sing.

I realize the 80's are back and this dress reminds be of a Atari video games, very space invaders.  And US Weekly put this a Who wore it best poll on their website, so I actually saw what the dress was supposed to look like and there were definite alterations done here.  The dress was bunched at the sides, which could of been okay, but it looks like the hem has come undone and it is now making an unflattering hemline.

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

The dress might be fine if it was a solid color and had a simpler belt.  There are way to many angles going on with the heart shaped bust line, the belt with multiple points and again, the unflattering bottom hemline.  There is just too much going on that the eye has no idea where to look.  I would unbunch the dress and straighten out the skirt.  The shirt should be a straight line on the bottom.  Also a necklace might help draw attention to her face. 

I guess I can see what she was trying to do here, but it didn't work.  I will leave my personal comments about her personal life alone and simply say that stick to music, because picking outfits is not her forte.  I do believe she had a stylist for this one, so she should keep the dress and follow my instructions. Then LeAnn write a song about how you will FIRE your stylist and then do it...soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh no, I'm hearing you sing that song in my head now. Make it stop!