Saturday, July 3, 2010

No Silver Lining Here

Everyone, guy or gal, should have a good suit.  It is as important as a woman's lil black dress or a mans nice watch, a staple really.  Whether your looking for a new job or going to a fancy event, it should be clean and ironed (one of my pet peeves is wrinkles).  And the Tony Awards is a big night for those Broadway type people.

However when I see this suit on Cate Blanchett,  I think of two things, 1) Action hero body suit and 2) slinky.  The jacket itself is fine and even without anything underneath it is okay, the necklace helps that out.  But the pants are entirely to tight.  I don't know what her shoes look like, I am guessing that judging my her silver clutch they are silver too.

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

Cate, this outfit is way to mono-tone.  Maybe if it was a black suit it would be okay or some of the shine was removed.  The pants need to be let out as well from the knee.  And a pop of color would definitely help, whether it be the clutch or the shoes.  Even throwing that lil black dress (I am sure you have one) under the jacket could hep.

She is a pretty classy dame, so I am sure she has a stylist.  I would be surprised if she didn't.  In fact, I would bet my slinky collection on it...if I had one that is.  After looking at other of her outfits, I have come to the conclusion its time to move on and get some new blood.  So Cate, call up your stylist, make them put on the suit and look at the mirror.  And while they are blinded by the gleam of the suit, FIRE them!!!

No comments: