Thursday, July 22, 2010

R-E-S-P-E-C-T...Oops, sorry wrong singer

Ok, so I will admit, I know very little about Patti LaBelle.  Yes, I know she is a singer, but not at famous as say Aretha Franklin?  I am not that musically challenged.  I found out she was the one that originally penned 'Lady Marmalade'  (Woooohooo Pink) with a band and won a couple Grammy's.  But just because I don't know much about her, doesn't make this outfit okay.

I read that she wrote Gospel Music as well, well she might want to start praying.  This is hideous. Not sure what she was on the red carpet for-it just looks scary there.  I want to say she is either going to church on a Sunday or a quickie wedding in Vegas.  Either is not an acceptable excuse.

Between the fan, which I will let slip because it has been super hot and that hat...this blog could go on for days.  But it won't-don't worry.

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

Maybe if the dress was a little more flowey and less tight in the skirt area it could be okay.  But the ruffles up top going into the straight skirt, just doesn't make for a pleasant coupling.  And the hat....if she wants to do the black and white hat, she should include black somewhere else in her outfit.

Ok, lets be honest.  She has been around for years and I will promise you has a group of stylist to help her dress for her events....whatever they may be.  So Aretha, I mean sorry, Patti, when you get home, look in the mirror.  And then call up your stylists and FIRE!!! 

No comments: