Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"Have you seen my Harley?"

"I'm ready for my punishment. Whatever you and God think is fair. Flogging, fasting, putting that thing with the teeth around my thigh like Silas." 
                                                                                -Blair Waldorf, Gossip Girl


Fashion-wise on 'Gossip Girl', very few can hold a candle to Leighton Meester as Blair.  However, I can promise you that this outfit has never seen the light of day on screen...the costume designers would never allow it.

So what happened, I mean the girl is in Paris filming, fashion capital of the world. A shopping spree gone wrong?  No stylist supervision?  She ran into a biker who wanted to maker her his girlfriend?

Whatever the reason, this outfit doesn't work for her.  She is 24 years old and this outfit ages her tremendously.  Its not so much the leather but the embroidering and the piping, something I guess you try in Paris and not Los Angeles. Well try something else out Blair!

Hmmm, how to save the outfit?

As I mentioned, the leather is probably okay, but all that other stuff should be removed.  And she is pretty covered up, so such a chunky shoe isn't necessary.  The shoe must have some sort of structure, but not so heavy.  And maybe throw in some color with a summer shoe color? 

Long Story short, I love the character Blair on 'Gossip Girl', but even she couldn't be saved from this outfit.  I doubt she had time to have a stylist approve and obviously didn't run this by her wardrobe department.  Maybe its because I am so used to seeing her with a headband, but this whole outfit is so not her.  Leighton, find a nice romantic spot, grab your on-again, off-again BF, start a fire and BURN ASAP!!! 

-XO XO Gossip Girl

No comments: